One of the big software houses are sending their auditors, are you ready??
Having a good software asset management strategy along with the right tool can help you.
You are happily going on with managing your IT operations and juggling a stream of demands from the business when you get that email. Auditors walk in the door and start doing an audit on our installations and could you please complete the following 300 worksheets prior to our team arriving at your door step next week.
Here are a few things to consider:
• Have you made any ad-hoc purchases of software lately?
• Do you track your installation and licence usage?
• Have you got a central repository of software and licences?
• Do you track your renewal dates and renew your subscriptions?
• Do you have complete visibility of your application landscape?
• Are you up to date with any licence rules or changes to your key applications?
In your mind did these questions spark any panic or doubt? If yes, you and your organisation may be at risk, legally and financially.
How to prepare:
• Review your Software asset management strategy
• Asses your tool-set
• Consider ServiceNow and the Software Asset Management offering
• Talk to an expert like us, in the field
• Get sorted before it is too late.
Written by –
SERVICENOW SENIOR CONSULTANT
Tribe – ITOM