News Corp Australia is Australia’s number one media company, headquartered in Sydney. News Corp Australia is Australia’s leading publisher, selling 10.4 million newspapers each week, and distributing an additional 6.7 million commuter and community titles.
They publish seven of the top ten newspapers sold across the country including the highest selling weekday and Sunday papers. Their digital sites have a monthly unique audience of 6.7 million. They are multi platform leaders in food, health, parenting and style and property. The lifestyle brands reach over 7.2 million Australians every month.
Key Drivers For Replacement
News Corp Australia had ServiceNow across ITSM for some time, they saw what IT were doing and decided it fit with their model also. this was the first time they had implemented and used ServiceNow’s HR module.
The key business drivers included:
– News Corp was managing many HR processes through email
– There was no visibility or prioritisation of workload or assignment
– There was no centralised point of where things were logged
– There was no tracking of cases
the Case Management module for them which allowed users to log HR cases. They
then had a view of workloads and the different HR resources could handle the requests including routing and the
different areas of HR to contact.
The requirements gathering was run through workshops, then we used the Agile Methodology to do iterative
sessions and build the solution.
The entire length of this project was 3 weeks.
They key benefit of implementing ServiceNow at News Corp has been reversing every pain point that caused them
to seek a solution in the first place:
– Managing HR processes through ServiceNow instead of email
– Visibility or prioritization of workload or assignment
– A single centralized place of where HR cases are now logged, and approved
– All HR cases tracked in ServcieNow
Ongoing enhancements with Enable and ServiceNow
The success of this project was so great that News Corp has continued to request enhancements after this initial
implementation. They wanted to get something in, then build on it after feedback from their users which is working