Being able to work from anywhere in the world or take an extended break without giving up your job is a dream of many Enablers. From today, it is a real possibility for every one of our people.
We’re proud to announce our Work from Anywhere & Extended Leave Policy to help Enablers do their best work from anywhere.
Here’s what our new Policy includes
Extended travel – if an Enabler has family in other states or overseas, we understand that they may want to travel when borders re-open. So, we’re happy to talk about:
- extended travel dates;
- options to work from another Enable location; and
- how to use a mix of annual leave and capped unpaid leave.
Extended break – if an Enabler needs an extended break, they may want to take sabbatical leave. Perhaps take time for travel or just some downtime. We can offer up to 8 weeks of unpaid leave, which can be mixed with paid annual leave (but not sick leave or carer’s leave).
Work from anywhere – if an Enabler would like to try working in another location, we’re getting ready to make it easier. For a block of up to 8 weeks a year, our people can choose to work from another Enable office or somewhere of their choice. They just need to be available for meetings, and to work hours appropriate to project/client time zones.
Note: this new policy is distinct from our company-sponsored visa relocation programs, all of which remain unchanged.
We created this policy to give Enablers flexibility
Many Enablers haven’t seen their family or friends in two very long years. Plus, working through a global pandemic has been tough on all our people, taking a toll on their mental health and wellbeing.
Now more than ever, we understand that Enablers deserve to work in an environment that gives them the flexibility to enjoy life outside of work. But our previous leave policy didn’t allow people to take the time they really need to visit family or unplug while still having a job to come back to.
So, as borders started opening and a new year approached, we asked Enablers what would help and how we could accommodate different needs. Updating our leave policy was the answer to our questions.
Enable is normalising working from anywhere
While work-from-anywhere policies are slowly becoming the norm in the technology industry, we’re proud to be an early adopter.
We also believe our new policy is unique in having no borders – Enablers will be able to work from anywhere, with no restrictions on location.
The policy is one of our many ways of looking after our people’s mental health and wellbeing, building a more inclusive work culture, and retaining our best talent.
“By introducing this policy, we hope our Enablers will continue to feel valued as humans. These policies are a testament to who we are as an organisation and the people-first culture and environment that we continue to build.”– Rachel Sparkes, Head of People & Culture at Enable
Enablers have given the policy a thumbs up
Having consulted our Enablers about the new policy, we’re proud to say that we’ve had overwhelmingly positive feedback:
- “It’s really nice to hear we are talking about these topics; when I connect with my friends in the industry these are the two key questions candidates are asking – flexibility to work from home and the ability to go home to see loved ones. I’m impressed we are talking about these topics.” – Anonymous
- “I’m speaking on the behalf of the majority of people – the flexibility to work from whatever state or city is fantastic. It sends the message that the company trusts us to still be great in delivering what we can from anywhere.” – Anonymous
- “[This policy will] extend our empathy and support – we’re all going through tough times.” – Anonymous
- “I think we’ve done some fantastic work this year despite the restrictions and pandemics. A lot of people have been given the opportunity to step up and learn. This is why I love working here, there’s no shortage of opportunities and learning.” – Anonymous
- “Our commitment to listening to what’s not working and change/improve/pivot fast to a better solution is one of the best parts of this company.” – Anonymous
We also recently received an 86% employee engagement score in our latest employee engagement survey, indicating Enablers are extremely engaged and passionate about their work!
Embark on an adventure with Enable
We’re excited to see how our Enablers will use this new policy, and we’ll continue to listen to feedback.
If you work at Enable and want to know more about the policy and how to submit a leave request, you can learn more here.
If you’re a ServiceNow consultant wanting to join an award-winning partner that understands your unique needs, explore our current opportunities and contact us.