I’ve just returned from the Enable Professional Services 2019 company conference and, wow, we’ve come a long way in a short time. Our leadership group gathered on Thursday, and we laughed that we have more leaders now than the total number of employees at our first Enable conference in 2016.
We were joined in the evening and on Friday and Saturday by our colleagues across Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong. As has become tradition, we met on the lovely Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia – a sunny and warm get-away for those of us enduring a chilly Melbourne winter.
More important than the employee number, or ever growing size of our business, are the quality, character, values, experience and nous that we bring as a collective. Enable has never been better positioned to take advantage of a buoyant market, leveraging our current position as the APJ market leader for ServiceNow consulting, and creating further opportunity for ourselves and our customers. Given Enable’s strength of leadership, positive balance sheet (with zero debt), willingness and charter to keep investing, and constancy in always using our values to guide our decisions, we are pretty formidable.
Most evident over the three conference days was our shared effort to keep Enable a ‘people first’ business. Our initiatives, our decision making, our values and our goals—they’re all centred around creating opportunities for our team and our customers, to do things they’ve never done before. And, importantly, each Enabler knows the business, their leaders and their colleagues have their back and will support them through the inevitable peaks and troughs.
Here’s a few achievements in 2018-19 that we celebrated at the conference:
- Our dedicated ServiceNow team is now 220+. Quality and character are our driver, retention, providing opportunity and fun enables the growth
- Customer Advisory & Support by Enable (CASE) is now live, with 15+ existing customers on subscription to ensure their ServiceNow instance aligns with best practice, and they’re getting maximum ROI from their investment.
- Our teams in Noida and Bangalore (Enable’s Centres of Excellence in India) continue to grow and raise the bar for delivery and quality assurance.
- Both our Hong Kong and Singapore businesses delivered customers in our top 10 revenue list for the year. These businesses are already sustainable and profitable, but more investment will see them really take off.
- Our ServiceNow product SME capability—Enable tribes dedicated to HR, CSM, ITBM, ITOM, ITSM, GRC, SecOps and Architecture—means we can deliver the full suite of ServiceNow offerings with experienced, certified consultants who not only understand the platform, but the business challenges, context and priorities driving it.
- We achieved 100% of our revenue target, which was over 60% year-on-year growth.
This year was also about working together to uphold our social responsibility. We established a Corporate and Social Responsibility committee in January, headed up by the brilliant Alison Lane, with representatives in each office and a clear mission to improve the quality of life for people who are less fortunate in our communities. The committee worked hard on some wonderful CSR initiatives, including:
- the sponsorship of 80 young people through @The Smith Family’s Learning for Life program in Australia. We were very lucky to have two program recipients speak at our conference, sharing their experience of the program’s value to them and their families and communities.
- a partnership with the Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation in Australia
- a partnership with the YMCA in Singapore. Our Singapore team also volunteered in the Willing Hearts soup kitchen.
- this year will see similar initiatives supported by our Enablers across Hong Kong and India.
And in 2019-20? We’re all committed to tackling more huge goals:
· We will use The Enable Way as our method and mindset for transforming how we onboard and look after our people. It will also define our go-to-market for sales, delivery and program execution.
- Our dedicated ServiceNow team will be 250+ strong by July 2020.
- Our staff retention rate will be 90+%, driven by all Enablers having a career development plan and a rounded training program. Training will include consulting and customer engagement, complementing our project and technical certifications.
- CASE will be strategic to our business, growing to a run-rate of A$5+ million annuity.
- Hong Kong and Singapore will each contribute 2+ customers to our top 10 revenue list.
- We will have launched and built a successful and sustainable business in Thailand. (I look forward to celebrating with that team at our July 2020 conference.)
- We’ll achieve our BHAG of over 60% revenue growth across all regions.
A huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to our business along the way. And a huge thank you to the Enable leadership team and all our Enablers for making our company the most fulfilling and enjoyable professional experience I could ever imagine.