One key aspect that will determine the success of an IoT based solution is the focus on the business outcome and expected benefits. IoT solutions should not be driven by technology or the plethora of sensors available today. Companies succeeding with IoT projects start with a pilot deployment focused on a very specific use case with clear objectives and defined outcomes. When you are planning to embark on your IoT journey you need to keep 5 key concepts in mind.
- Defining the organisational strategy for IoT adoption and the outcomes you want to achieve.
- Identifying and defining the appropriate use case(s) for short term success.
- Defining the technology architecture – sensor selection, communication architecture, data correlation, storage and security and real-time analytics.
- Implementing a system of action – sensor data will only be useful if you take action based on the data being reported and a system of action will allow you to get the most value of the data collected.
- Operating and maintaining your IoT environment – managing your sensors and the communications infrastructure.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can benefit from our IoT solutions for your organisation or want to discuss how we can help you define your IoT strategy, send an email to email@example.com.