Today in the 21st century, what human wants is automation. This tech generation wants to focus on innovation and invention. Thus, there comes the need to automate the runbook.
In any large organisation, employees need software to perform their daily jobs with effectiveness.
Organisations spend a lot of money on not just procuring the software but also provisioning it. Thus, comes a need to automate.
How can ServiceNow help automate this? ServiceNow has an application known as Client Software Distribution(CSD) which can help distribute software.
What is Client Software Distribution (CSD)?
Client Software Distribution(CSD) allows administrators to distribute software from the Service Catalog using third- party management systems like SCCM. You can use Client Software Distribution to deploy and revoke software deployments from SCCM and manage distributions on SCCM hosts.
How does it work?
To enable and configure Client Software Distribution, follow the below steps.
- Configure the Application Administrator role on the SCCM Server
- Configure the MID Server for integration with SCCM
- Create Windows credentials for deployments through SCCM
- Retrieve data from SCCM to be used for Client Software Distribution
- Associate the software with a collection through an SCCM configuration.
- Create a catalog item for the SCCM application you want to offer for distribution from the Service Catalog.
For the detailed information, please read here: LINK
Written by –
Tribe – CSM