When we formalised our partnership with The Smith Family in Q1 of this year, locking in the sponsorship of 80 primary school kids, I have to confess, it felt pretty good. I knew then that we would be making a huge difference to the lives of these underprivileged children and their families, breaking the cycle of poverty through education.
What I did not know then, was the chain reaction of great things that would be set off by going through this process.
The Smith Family partnership became the foundation of our greater Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. Once this primary partnership was locked in, we then set about engaging a team of like-minded Enablers to meet regularly and coordinate CSR activities for every office in our organisation, with the aim of creating a culture of being connected not just to each other, but to our communities as well. Through our CSR program, I’m proud to say we don’t just talk about CSR, we show up!
In the last 9 months alone, whilst growing our business and looking after our customers, Enablers have also been:
- Walking for RSPCA in Adelaide,
- Running for The Smith Family in the Blackmores Running Festival in Sydney
- Preparing meals in the FoodBank kitchen in Brisbane
- Kickboxing for underprivileged kids in Hong Kong
- Growing a beard for BeyondBlue in Perth
- Preparing meals in the Willing Hearts Soup Kitchen in Singpaore
- And filling 18 shifts in The Smith Family’s Christmas Appeal across Australia
Seeing the photos of our amazing people out in their community making a real difference to the world around them is something that makes me so proud to be an Enabler, and a CSR Champion. On behalf of Enable’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee – Merry Christmas!
Trice – CSR / CSR LEAD